Monday, September 12, 2011

Co-Op Friday

Friday is our first co-op.  Though at the time this is actually published our co-op will have already happened.  I’m teaching the 3-4 year olds an art class.  Two of my children are in this class.  Thing 2 and Ladybug. 

We are going to be using FIAR for the class.  Since I don’t want to add any more work into my workload, I moved our homeschool FIAR ART day to Friday’s.  That way, Thing 2 isn’t missing out on anything.  KONOS works a co-op day into their curricula so that’s simply wonderful.  Making a 4 day week every other week for KONOS is simple. 

We are reading The Giraffe that Walked to Paris this week with Thing 2.  We are making this craft.

image

A paper bag giraffe.  Tomorrow night (Thursday) the Mister and I will be cutting out felt brown pieces, pairing googly eyes, and (hopefully) yellow fun foam pieces and piecing together a little kit for each student and placing everything in individual Ziploc baggies.  I have to time to how long it takes me to read the story tomorrow –I only have an hour with the kids.  Should be enough time.  I’m using egg cartons to hold the glue, and q-tips as a means to apply the glue to the pieces.

I will have some littles in my class too.  They are going to color a page of a giraffe after the story.  I’m looking forward to it.  can’t wait to add how it actually goes on Friday. 

**Friday has come and gone, I’m finally remembering to add this post.  The co-op went very well.  Thing 1 LOVED it and wasn’t ready to go after 3 hours.  Jack-Jack stayed entertaining to the nursery volunteers for the entire time. I’m so proud of him.  Co-op is during his nap, so I won’t expect every time to be like this one.  Thing 2 and Ladybug did rather well.  Their room is the most crowded and they do not switch rooms for every period like the older kids-so they did as well as can be expected. 

I played in the nursery with Jack Jack for the first period and enjoyed some non-sibling time with him.  During second period I taught Thing 2 and Ladybug’s class.  Since the book we read that week was a bit long, I took some liberties in shortening it for the other kids.  Thing 2 was very excited to read the book again

I think the giraffes turned out wonderfully:

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment